Wednesday, April 7, 2010

It's a Girl!

Addison Riley Vest has arrived. After 22 hours of labor and concerns over preeclampsia they decided to delivery Addison by cesarean last night at 4:41 PM. Lora was having trouble with the epidural not relieving the pain and after several hours of upping the pitocin and no movement from 5 CM and 2 extra doses of drugs through the epideral we were glad that the labor was over. At first I did not think that I would be allowed to be in the room with Lora during the surgery as the epidural was not working in the birthing room, but after the doctor switched to a spinal tap (not the legendary movie) she was doing much better and requested that I be in the room with her. The cesarean section was an interesting thing to be on the other side of. Addison Riley came out and screamed a big scream for all of us. She was a beautiful little girl and she let her dad hold her and sooth her in the operating room. Once we were done in the operating room they took Addison and I down to the nursery where we were checked over and foot prints taken. I don't want to brag but even people that don't think all babies are cute think my baby is cute. The doctor checked her out this morning and all is well. We will do the eye sight and hearing test today but I am sure she is perfect. Thanks to everyone who kept us in their thoughts, it has been a rough couple of months but it is all worth it. All is well with my little peanut. She is the most beautiful baby ever and I have proof.







1 comment:

  1. Congrats Lora & Chris! Addison is a beautiful little girl! Glad to hear everything is going well. Hope to meet her soon! :)

    ReplyDelete